Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Spine Update

As I have promised, I will keep you up to date on the progress of my back rehab. So far so good. The spinal decompression therapy has been helping a lot. It has made my pain go from unbearable, to pretty much non existent. I can now sleep through the night, and I don't have pain radiating down my leg anymore, and my leg doesn't go numb now. I have had a few hiccups along the way that have set me back, but the set backs have been nothing compared to previously. For example, I tripped over the standing frame at work and landed on the tile floor with a lot of force. I came down pretty hard on my right side, and had some pretty bad bruises on my leg. I could tell I jarred my back, but even with that hard of a fall, I only had minor discomfort. I had zero sciatic pain! When I went on Monday and had the decompression therapy, the discomfort went away. I still have to be careful, and have to avoid activities that would jar my back while it is still healing. But there have been drastic improvements since I started. So far so good. Yeah for spinal decompression therapy!

2 comments:

Cory&SadieK said...

Kristen-I'm so happy to hear that your back is doing well. Have you ever done decompression therapy before? It's probably a huge relief to find something that really helps with the pain.

Kristen and Erik Cambridge said...

This is the first time I have ever done Spinal Decompression therapy. I wish I had known about it sooner. It is so nice:) Now when the spinal molding reshapes my spine, all will be well.