Friday, November 7, 2008

Ski Season, Here We Come!

After seeing the latest Warren Miller movie, Children of Winter, we were really excited for ski season, so we had to go to the ski swap tonight in Park City and get some gear. We went with our friends Tim and Sarah who are major skiers. They both have 5 pairs of ski's, and know a lot about ski's and boards, so it was nice to have their expert advice when picking out our gear. When we got there, we had to wait in line for half an hour, and pay $8 to get in. I couldn't believe I had to wait in line and pay money to be able to buy stuff. It was totally worth it though, cause we got some really sweet deals. I had such a fantastic time getting all my gear. It was such an awesome way to spend a Friday night. Erik and I can't wait to take our new ski's and board up on the mountain and try them out. Here are the pictures from all the fun.


Waiting in line to get into the ski swap. It is crazy that you have to wait a half an hour in line and pay $8 to buy stuff at the ski swap.

Picking out boots to go with my snowboard


Erik picking out a new helmet


Erik has decided on his new helmet and ski's.


I feel like I should be patrolling the death star. It would be a fabulous helmet if I was a storm trooper.

The helmet I decided to buy

Sarah and I modeling our new gloves


My new board, gloves and helmet. I am so excited! I have been waiting a really long time to be able to buy a snowboard.


Erik modeling his bank robbery ski mask. He decided this one wasn't going to cut it since the cops would still be able to see his face.

Our spoils! We are so excited for the new ski and boarding season! This is the aftermath of the Warren Miller movie.

No comments: