Monday, January 18, 2010

Erik's late hours and My Triathlon Training

As most of you know I have been blogging a lot about my triathlon training lately. This is because I have had a lot more time to myself. Erik has been having to work really late hours for the last two months, and I am usually in bed by the time he even gets home. So, I have plenty of time to myself in the evenings and on the weekends. Last week he had to work Saturday and Sunday too. I decided that since he is gone all the time, I might as well do something productive. So I am training like a maniac right now. I miss my husband, and hope someday his work will let him see his wife. I honestly feel like a widow. It is midnight, and Erik is stil gone. Oh well, nothing I can do about it, so I will stop whining.

So my training for tonight was kinda crazy. I got to the pool and my coach told me to do a 600m to warm up. I thought to myself, I usually just do that for my work out. He is crazy go nuts. So I did my 600m warmup, then I had to do six more 75 meter finger trip drag drills, then a couple 100 m build intervals, and then 3 200's. This is about the point where I finished. I was exhausted. The sad thing is I only made it halfway through the workout my coach had planned.

It turns out we swim about 3300m per workout. which is a little over 2 miles for those of you who don't know swim terms. I made it about a mile. My goal is in the next month to be able to finish the whole workout my coach has planned. So anyway, that is life for us lately.

No comments: